I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for your Oracle consulting needs. I’ll add to it as I learn more, and I find out more of what you want to is useful to you. I recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience.
If you are a beginner, an expert, or somewhere in between, you can find something to help solve your current problem in this section. It lists all kinds of useful information to help in your day-to-day job as an Oracle consultant.
FREE Functional Launchpad Oracle Course
This is an email course delivering lessons on the six key skills of a Functional Consultant. We explain which of your skills you will be using as a functional consultant, and provide Deep-Dive examples on some of the skills. You also get access to the online paid course to see the great video lessons + example documents I have put together. You may sign up here – FREE Oracle Functional Consultant training course.
Ultimate Functional Launchpad Online Course
The Full version of the online course is available here: The Ultimate Oracle Functional Course – The Functional Launchpad – Click Here
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or queries.
- ERP User Network – ERP User Network, an excellent blog for Oracle eBusiness discussionsDiscussions on ERP & non-ERP topics
- Post your issue for resolution by the community
- White Papers, Articles , documents
- Very Useful Download section with
- Test Scripts
- Configuration Examples
- Setup documents – FAQ on various module setup options
- OracleContractors.com/Blog – Articles on Oracle topics
- Articles written by Oracle consultants on various topics
- These can be detailed discussions about Oracle topics, or higher-level analytical pieces on
- issues facing Oracle consultants
- Also a good place to raise your profile in the Oracle community by writing an article/blog post
- I wrote a White Paper on Oracle Advanced Pricing, which led to a consulting role offer
I encourage you to think differently about the resources that are available to you. Most of the resources listed below are free:
- Experience of your colleagues/bossCan you ask a colleague to explain a particular feature to you?
- Including how it works behind the scenes?
- Can you swap some of your skills for theirs?
- Volunteer for extra duties
- Wouldn’t if be good to learn from someone who does your target area every day?
- Can you volunteer to help? To shadow them, so that you see what they do every day?
- Test systems in your current job
- Can you get access to a test system in your current job
- Use the test system & manuals to configure a new feature, then run test transactions through it
- Start with simple tasks, then build up to more complex ones
- Internet-based database access – OC Test Environments
- Oraclecontractors.com will give you an account to an Oracle eBusiness database, you just need to register with them, also free
- This is a sandbox environment, you can check how to use standard processes, change configuration, find out how the application really works
- Oracle Blogs
- Oracle blogs are a very useful way of finding out/sharing information
- Can you post an offer on a blog to swap knowledge – if you teach someone Order Management, will they help you with Receivables?
- Oracle Manuals – Oracle eBuiness Doc Set
- The User guides & Implementation guides contain a lot of information on new features.
- Could you learn how to configure a new module using these guides?
- Metalink/My Oracle Support Oracle Support
- You need a Customer Support Identifier(CSI) to access. Does your workplace/college have this support
- Metalink is one of the largest resources of Oracle information
- This is the store of every issue raised with Oracle Corporation, answers to most questions you will ever encounter in your career are stored here.
- Can you resolve that difficult error message using Metalink?