Let me tell you a story about why I became an Oracle Functional Consultant.
Basically this is the summary of Why…
- I have made more than 2.6 million US$ dollars in 15 years as an independent consultant
- Read on to find out that I am going to show you how I did it
- I used the same skills I had as a permanent employee to get my first consulting role and built from there
- While I was earning I got paid to train myself on latest Oracle EBS application releases and tools
- I got paid to travel and live around Europe and in USA, working in great locations such as London, New York, Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, Prague
- I work 10 months of the year max, I could work far less if I wanted to
- I built my career from technical developer to functional consultant to project manager with no impact on my earnings while I did it
- I have a simple, duplicate-able system that you can use to create a consulting career for yourself or maximize your consulting income.
- This is a “get rich slow” program. That’s right, it won’t happen fast. But if you follow it, it will work for you. Consider this fair warning.
- I am not just going to tell you how to do this, I am going to let you watch me do it. You can look over my shoulder.
- This isn’t based on some fancy tricks that will stop working next month. It is rock solid approach that has worked for me for 15 years, and that will continue working forever.
If you have heard enough right now, and want to get to the Oracle Functional Consultant course + Free chapter of the book “The Oracle Opportunity – A Blueprint for Success as an Oracle Consultant”, click here, but you could also read on to hear the reasons why…
But first, back to the story
Over 15 years ago I was working as a permanent staffer for a US multinational in my home town of Dublin, Ireland. I had moved to this job as I wanted to become an Oracle functional consultant, and to learn the Oracle Ebusiness suite technologies.
Vast Knowledge, Big Network
We had a large upgrade project running, from Oracle Financials 10.5 to 10.7, and so had a large team of independent Oracle Functional consultants onsite to assist in the upgrade project. I was working as an Oracle Technical consultant at the time, and so had a role on the project, upgrading the reports, interfaces and other customizations. As far as I could see, these guys knew a LOT about Oracle, they had worked in various projects, different countries. If they didn’t know the answer to something, they knew where to look to find out. They also helped each other out, many times a mail to another consultant in another country revealed the answer to a difficult problem.
Great Careers, Great Lifestyles
So I began looking at these Oracle consultants, got to know some of them, in fact two of them were at my wedding and I still know them today. I looked at their lifestyles, cars, where they lived, the countries they had worked in, people and experiences they talked about, and it was like a different world to my own, it just didn’t compare to my own situation. I figured their families must have money for them to have such great lifestyles. Most of them were much older than me, so I thought about it as something to consider in 4/5 years, and didnt think too much more about it.
The day it all changed for me
One day everything changed though, one of the consultants who I had gotten to know well asked me to print their invoice for them. So I printed it out, handed it to him, and he said to me “Don’t you want to look at it?” I had been too polite as it was none of my business, but the truth was I really did want to look at it. When I did, I looked at him in SHOCK, I couldn’t believe the amount he was earning in a single month. He smiled, took it from my desk and left me there, my mind now racing at 100 miles per hour!!!
Making a Plan
Now I could see why they could afford such a lifestyle, the fancy cars, apartments in city centre, month-long holidays, and I resolved there and then to become a consultant. I started talking to them about becoming an Oracle Consultant, how I would do it, what I needed, was I ready, and started putting the pieces of a plan together.
In reality I had just 18 months experience of Oracle Business experience, with 5 years of vanilla Oracle SQL and PL/SQL experience beforehand. One of the consultants recommended me for a role in Oracle Corporation’s UK HQ in London, and I travelled over, borrowing money from my parents to take the flight. I didn’t hold out a lot of hope to be honest with you, it was my first consulting interview and I wasnt too sure how to handle it
Well you can probably figure out the interview was successful. The consulting role they had matched my skillset exactly and I began working on reports for Oracle Service, predecessor to Oracle Service Contracts modules. I couldn’t believe my plan had worked, I thought I was lucky to get the role but in fact I had all the skills and experience that Oracle required for the role. It was a valuable lesson to me, I could do it!
Moving to London
I packed up my bags and took the flight, borrowing again from another consultant to get me through the first month living expenses. I can tell you the hairs were standing up on the back of my neck when the plane touched down in Heathrow. Watch out London here I Come!!! I come from a small town, so moving to London was a very big deal for me. I had the best time, bumped into some old friends from Dublin, and made many new friends both in Oracle and socially. I think it’s fair to say I experienced a lot of what Oracle has to offer.
Want to Join Me?
So, after 15 years as an independent consultant, I still can’t believe how lucky I am to have found out about consulting. There is no other job that I know of, where you can get paid 120k plus for basic Oracle project roles. The travel opportunities are incredible, I have worked in many countries and had incredible experiences.
Having experienced the benefit of a long Oracle consulting career, it’s time to give something back. I put together all of the knowledge gained in 15 years of independent consulting and now I’m creating a course to teach you how to join me.
Now I have some promises I am going to make to you:
- There will be no hype in this course. If it is in here, it works, and mere mortals can make it work.
- If you stick with me, I am going to show you ALL of the insider secrets that I know. And I know just about all of them.
- I might cover some very advanced stuff, but I will make it understandable. Making complex subjects understandable is one of my gifts (hey, this is my publication… I can brag if I want!).
Does that sound like a deal?
Bottom line, stick with me and I will show you a REAL WORLD way to make a fantastic Oracle consulting income.
All you have to do is click here to get a FREE chapter of my book – “The Oracle Opportunity – A Blueprint for Success as an Oracle Consultant”, and automatically start the course. The book was commissioned by Oracle, remind me to tell you about that one day
All you have to do is click here and join my new list for the free book chapter and some cool bonuses.
P.S. Hope to see you, I’m excited about helping you join the exciting Oracle Consulting world, all you need to do is join here, and confirm the email that I will send to you shortly after.
P.P.S I have created these Bonuses that I use in my role as an Oracle Functional Consultant and will be offering them as bonuses for signing up to the Free course. I guarantee these will get you moving in your quest to become an Oracle Functional Consultant
- System Features – Work Instructions for Accounts Receivable Creation
- Process Knowledge – Receivables Monthend Process diagram
- Technical Skills – Sample from my SQL for Ebusiness course
- EBS Testing – 5 things I know about EBS Testing framework
- Solution Design – Functional Design for Accounts Receivable Customer Report
- Oracle Configuration – Accounts Receivables configuration BR100 extract